Thursday AM Longarm class: 9:30am-12:30pm
SIT-DOWN MACHINE-QUILTING BASICs
Do you quilt on a sewing machine, but long for more space? Are you unsure if you are “doing it right”? Come discover how the HQ Sweet Sixteen machine, plus tools and tips, can improve the quality of your work and the pleasure of your quilting experience. The machine’s features make free-motion quilting a breeze, and additional creative feet and gadgets open a whole new world beyond meandering.
• Built-in machine features and stitch regulation with TruStitch
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and threads
• Pattern application and Golden Threads paper
• Basting layers and manipulating the quilt
• Creative machine feet, rulers, and gadget
Thursday PM longarm class: 1:30pm-4:30pm
HQ STITCH ALONG SAMPLER - BASICS OF DOMESTIC MACHINE QUILTING
Bring your domestic sewing machine and create a simple stitch sampler while learning the basics of machine quilting. Expert machine quilting educators walk step-by-step through the process from setting up a machine for best success, to stitching out designs. You’ll learn how to use different threads and marking tools to achieve the look of beautiful quilting.
• How to set up a domestic machine for quilting
• How to use walking and darning feet
• How to choose the right threads and needles.
• How to achieve good tension and even stitches
• How to create a variety of creative machine-quilting designs
Friday AM Longarm class: 9:30am-12:30pm
STAND-UP LONGARM MACHINE QUILTING BASICS
Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a review of longarm basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles and tension. Handi Quilter longarm and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, are user-friendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters – just like you!
• Basic machine and frame elements and features
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
• Rulers, Micro Handles, and basic free motion
Friday PM Longarm Class: 1:30pm-4:30pm
LONGARM TOY BOX
Buying a longarm machine is only the first step toward successful quilting. Wait until you see what these nifty gadgets and accessories can do to make your quilting even more accurate, faster, easier and more fun! Come see why you’ll be reaching for these tools again and again, and always with a smile!
• Design, audition, and application tools
• Quilt-loading and frame accessories
• Handi Feet options
• Channel locks and straight line options
• Thread management and tensioning
Saturday All day class 9:30am - 4:00pm
INTRODUCTION TO THE HQ PRO-STITCHER – ALL DAY CLASS
Part 1 - Overview
This class is designed to set the stage for new owners.
HQ Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with an HQ Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
• Demonstration of the HQ Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of Art & Stitch
Part 2 – Let’s Quilt
- Offered only with Part 1.
This class moves beginners from overview to quilting applications.
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a
quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the
program are included.
• What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop
• The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
• Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
• Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge-to-edge designs
• Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks
Sunday All day pro-stitcher class 9:30am-4:00pm
PROGRESSIVE QUILTING WITH THE HQ PRO-STITCHER
All Day Only - Two 3-hour sessions, designed to follow 5-A Parts 1 & 2
After you’ve mastered dropping block designs and quilting edge to edge with the HQ Pro-Stitcher, you’re now ready to expand and strengthen your skills. This class focuses on in-depth aspects of specific functions of the HQ Pro-Stitcher.
Learn how to create continuous border and corner designs; easily digitize your own designs using the features under the Record menu; and quilt on-point designs and areas larger than the throat-space of your machine.
• Working with border and corner units
• Managing “wonky” borders and blocks
• Quilting areas larger than the throat-space of your machine
• Quilting on point designs, sashings and triangles
• Recording your own designs with HQ Pro-Stitcher