Thursday June 21st 2018 9:30am- 12:30 pm
Sitdown Longarm Machine Quilting Basics
Do you quilt on a sewing machine, but long for more space? Are you unsure if you are “doing it right”? Come discover how the HQ Sweet Sixteen machine, plus tools and tips, can improve the quality of your work and the pleasure of your quilting experience. The machine’s features make free-motion quilting a breeze, and additional creative feet and gadgets open a whole new world beyond meandering.
• Built-in machine features and stitch regulation with TruStitch
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and threads
• Pattern application and Golden Threads paper
• Basting layers and manipulating the quilt
• Creative machine feet, rulers, and gadgets
Thursday June 21st 2018 1:30pm-12:30pm
Fast, Fun and Fabulous Free Motion Quilting
Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free motion quilting – and it’s easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free motion quilting, and how to create stunning designs.
• How to develop an inventory of free motion designs
• Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
• Edge to edge free motion quilting
• Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
• Using Micro Handles for free-motion control
Friday June 22nd 2018 9:30am-12:30pm
Stand-Up Longarm Machine Quilting Basics
Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a
review of longarm basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining
machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread,
needles and tension. Handi Quilter longarm and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, are user-friendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters – just like you!
• Basic machine and frame elements and features
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
• Rulers, Micro Handles, and basic free motion
Saturday June 23rd 2018 All day with mid day break
HQ Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter
longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy
and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise
quilting you can accomplish with an HQ Pro-Stitcher.
Sunday June 24, 2018 All day with mid day break
Art & Stitch
Learn how to use this amazing program to design and import designs to use with your Pro-Stitcher. Art & Stitch is a digitiseing program for making your own designs.